Sharp-shinned Hawk

Sharp-shinned Hawk
Sharp-shinned Hawk, by Steve Thornhill

Friday, September 2, 2016

Hello from this year's fall hawkwatcher

Hello everyone! My name is Anna Stunkel, and I'm the hawkwatcher at Kiptopeke this fall season. I'm from Massachusetts and have spent seasons hawkwatching at sites in California, Idaho, and Maine. My love of bird research has also led me to work with songbirds, seabirds, and woodpeckers in various parts of the country, and I spend free time drawing and painting wildlife (here is my facebook page). I am very excited to witness the spectacle of raptor migration here at Kiptopeke, and to share the joy of watching these beautiful birds. Please stop by for a visit to the platform if you have a chance, and I would be happy to talk with you about the migration site and the forty-year-old hawkwatch program.






Also, take a look at this Red Fox who has been hanging around the platform!